Washington DC is a cultural haven, full of faces from around the world and cuisines to match. As the capital of the United States and a prime cherry blossom location in the spring, people often overlook DC as a place to visit year round. With its ideal location along the historical Potomac River and a short drive from Virginia, this small but mighty city is an excellent option for a weekend getaway. The Kimpton George is a gem in the Capital, known for its attention to guest experiences and in an ideal location.
Checking into the Kimpton George Hotel
Kimpton Hotels are known for their unique play on interior design and their nod toward historical influences. Parting doors open directly into the open, simplistic lobby area. In typical Kimpton fashion, modernistic colors pair with pops of royal tones. Round mirrors with gold accents are the backdrop for silhouette portraits.
A comfortable seating area can be found in front of the street-facing windows across from the check-in desk. Marble walls fill the space, with ottomans and arm-chairs on offer. To the left of the reception, a tea and coffee station kindly awaits guests. Modern tile flooring and royal-blue curtains add depth to the neutral space. US maps and a life-size horse lamp and quirkiness to the Kimpton’s interiors.
Just past the elevators, you’ll find another relaxation space. With warmer decor, the area offers chaise longues and cozy seating with mirrored backdrops. Fleur de Lis style carpeting and an abstract art piece of a 1 dollar bill keep with the theme of historical importance in the hotel.
Where is the Hotel?
DC is a puzzle piece of eclectic, historical neighborhoods. Wherever you choose to stay, the city’s dependable transportation system will get anywhere.
With close proximity to Capital Hill, the Kimpton George provides easy access to all the sights of DC. On a quieter street, the hotel offers a getaway from the business of the city center, with the convenience of still being near everything.
At the tip of the National Mall, the Capital Building is a 5-minute walk from the hotel. Stroll the entirety of the Mall to explore the array of Museums and attractions within the city. For a different vibe, Union Station is a 2-minute walk from the Kimpton George Hotel. Full of foodie options and trains waiting to take you through DC and beyond.
Amenities at the Kimpton George Hotel
The 139 rooms within the Kimpton showcase the elegant, modern style of the nations capital. Neutral creams and pops of deep colors remind me of DC itself. Uncomplicated-style buildings with a splash of color throughout the city.
An open bathroom space is a bonus, with luxury Atelier Bloem amenities available. Many rooms come with a spacious bathtub and tile-shower. For the coffee-lovers out there, in-room Nespresso machines are re-fillable by calling the front-desk.
My favorite aspect of the Kimpton Hotel brand is their dedication to providing an intimate guests experience for all. Each night from 5-6pm, enjoy complimentary wine in the lobby area. A great choice to relax or mingle with the lovely hotel staff. With a promise to living a healthy life, each room comes with a complimentary yoga mat. Guests are also able to utilize Kimpton’s custom bikes to ride around the city. For your leisure, a 24-hour fitness center is also available on-site.
What’s Included in My $30 Guest Amenity Fee?
- Complimentary high-speed WIFI
- Complimentary printing assistance through the Front Desk
- Complimentary local and long distance calling
- 10% off AZ Luxury Limousine Services
- $10 travel credit per day to be used on ride share platforms, taxi, scooters, or city-bikes
- 10% discount off Old Town Trolley bus tours
- Board Game rentals available upon request through the front desk
- Children’s Book rental program available upon request through the front desk
- $5 bodega credit per day
- City Center Passport
Inclusivity and Sustainability at the Kimpton
To cater to every type of traveler, Kimpton Hotels are known for providing world class experience for everyone. This can be seen through its many offerings to guests, and their effort to preserve resources and help the environment.
- With a complimentary Family Fridge Program, guests are able to safely store breast milk while staying at the property
- Books for children are available upon request
- Guests enjoy complimentary access to WAG! Premium. The platform connects pet owners with professional caregivers for numerous services
- A partnership with Clean the World recycles unused soaps to provide hygiene kits for communities in need & those recovering from natural disasters
- Drink your coffee guilt free. The hotel is a proud participant of the Nespresso capsule recycling program
- Every bathroom uses large, refillable amenities in an effort to reduce the use of plastic bottles. Toilets are also low-flow low-flush to conserve water
Leave a Reply